Monday, October 3, 2016

September in Review

hello, hello.

Everyone's favorite month is here so as promised I have written a (finally on time I might add!) post for September to review. Here we go!

Labor day weekend was spent with me laboring at work but thankfully John and I had off on Monday so we had some fun...well I thought it was, don't know if he'd agree. We went to Hendersonville, NC for the Apple Festival. It was quite beautiful but of course quite hot. We got there in time to order some lunch. John picked it up while I tried to hold 2 little spots on the curb to watch the parade. I was hell bent on not missing it as I thought Ellie would really enjoy it. It was a really nice parade and we/she did enjoy all the trucks, tractors, fire trucks, horses, etc. After the parade we found our apples to buy, regular ones and a candy apple for me, and let Ellie ride the little tractors. After all that we were hot and tired. So back home it was to make some apple granola!
 




The weekend of the 10th we went to Charlotte for a concert I had been waiting for since April! John had been since dreading it lol. I had been wanting to see Florida Georgia Line since well a while and when the opportunity came I jumped. We left Saturday about 2 hours later than I had wanted of course, dropped Ellie off for a grandparent sleepover and we headed out. We got to Charlotte without issue. We checked in, changed clothes, went to a quick dinner and headed out to the show. We were, as mentioned, running late which carried over to this point too. The whole thing started at 7 and at 8 30 we were fighting to get into parking. It was nuts. Apparently the show was sold out so about 50, 000 people were all trying to get in...still. Some how our car was picked by a police officer to pull around and go to the VIP parking area. Oh man what a break! We quickly busted out of the car and high tailed it to the show. As fast as someone 8 months pregnant in boots can high tail it but never underestimate a determined woman! We missed the first 2 acts (meant to anyways :) and walked to our seats literally as Cole Swindell came out. Perfect timing! I've tried at least to stop getting hyped up about being too late to things or worrying how it will all work out. If it does go fine, i.e. this instance, then I get hyped for no reason and well if it doesn't work out...at this point I can deal. Anyways, anyways, the show was great, the lead singer (I mean he is like 90% of the duo it seems) is too stinking cute and John and I had a great time just having some solid time together just us two. We love our Ellie but parents are still husband and wife and husband and wife need to be together too. We spent the night, ordered breakfast in bed and headed back Sunday to shop and see our little Ellie.




The next weekend was..drumroll..my birthday! The big 3-1. I had to work technically but got someone to cover the second half of my shift so we could do something Sunday. We went to my in laws were we had cake and dinner, balloons and presents! I still love me some birthdays...
On the following Monday, (Tuesday ?) I had a doctors appt. were some circulation problems were talked about (nothing serious thankfully!) and my doctor so graciously dropped my down to 8 hour shifts!! Man what a difference 4 hours can make. Speaking of which...4 weeks left!! Not that I'm counting..


Me and baby E hitting up target after a ultrasound...of the venous variety 

The last weekend in September I had my glorious 4 day weekend. We went back to Hendersonville to visit an orchard. The last time we went I was about 18 weeks or so pregnant with Ellie. It was so, so busy (duh) this time of year. It was a beautiful day. unseasonably hot, but just beautiful. We picked some granny smith apples, gala and Fuji. We (I) bought apple cider donuts and cider slushies. Ellie chilled in her wagon the whole time like a little princess and picked a few apples with dada's help.  We left hot and happy. We stopped in a cute little area of town to get lunch before heading home.





September has been a really great month! It was also been the month of final touches on nesting (if that's what we are calling it) but let's be honest I nest 24/7, 365 days a year. I do most of my cleaning, DIYs (minor ones people!), and decorating while Ellie sleeps. Occasionally I'll slip something in or finish a project when she's up but I try to focus on her when we are together. She is old enough to try and join in on somethings, esp if it is for the baby. I want her to be involved in that process to an extent ;) I will be sharing our home tour this month. My last touches on all the rooms are done for a while, the to do list is mostly cleared and I have decorated for fall! I'm satisfied with how things are and the focus in October is relaxing and enjoying our last weeks just the 3 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment