Monday, October 17, 2016

Home Tour, Part 1

Happy Wednesday...Wednesday night..to everyone!

The time has come for a little home tour to finally be shared here. There are still lots of family who haven't had a chance to visit us at our new home and so until then I thought it would be fun to share some pictures of this house we call our home. I always love a good home tour to see how others have their place just so. A little background...We first saw this house on Zillow in August 2015 before we even had ours on the market but knew it was special. I mean the price was pretty decent for the home and the location we wanted with good schools? Yes please! We watched it closely until we put our home on the market in October 2015. It was the first house we came to see. I remember standing in the kitchen saying "I just really love this house". John definitely liked it too but had reservations on the age..it was built in 1999 which I funny to think that is somewhat "old" now. In comparison though our first home was built in 2009 2010 and we were the first owners. We would be the third on this home but it had been well cared for. We came to see the house again a week or so later and as we were on the top floor John says  "I really want this house". Uh huh. Coming around. So anyway fast forward through uncertainty, open houses, LOTS of panic checking of market status and one bid on top of another potential buyers and...SOLD! Relief in a materialistic sense but honestly this house just felt like ours and has very much so ever since we bought it. We toured other houses we liked too but we always said its just not the same. This was the one. So now after almost a year of living here (We closed in December 2015, Moved in January 2nd or 3rd, 2016) I can honestly say we (I) am quite happy and satisfied in my little head with how things settled, decorated, arranged...however you say it. The fact that some fall and Halloween décor is up just makes it a little better yet.

I decided to split this up in 2 parts, downstairs and upstairs. I don't want anyone falling asleep on picture overload...

So up first is our kitchen/dining area. My mom helped me paint the dining area grey, it was peach, back in January and other than that we have left it. (Just in case anyone was wondering, John and I are NOT DIY people in hardly any sense other than me making things here and there. We were not looking for a house to tear apart and redo!) The kitchen ceiling was one of my favorite parts here because it reminded me of something medieval for whatever weirdo reason. The style of it isn't necessarily all me but I do like it enough that I'm not itching for a redo anytime soon. The kitchen opens up to a deck which is nice, esp when the weather is good and we can pull the screen open on the doorway. We actually just had the tree cut down that was growing (purposefully) right in the middle of the deck. Boy was that tree a mess!! It was pretty I suppose but...bye.






The kitchen opens up to the living room. Open concept before it was cool... this room is where spend most of our time (duh) so it's nice that it is good just how it is. We have kept furniture here to a minimum because 1) our couch is big 2) its nice to have to space to move. Speaking of which, that coffee table may be replaced here soon for something soft... The only other furniture we have  is a beautiful bench my dad made us, our Turkish trunk from my brother as a wedding gift and a rocker that used to be in Ellie's nursery. The bookshelves in this room are kinda comical because unless you are in a library who needs shelves this tall??? We cleaned them all and decorated only the bottom half. I haven't collect enough random items to decorate all that space with good taste and maybe we will always keep the top half open...who knows. The bottom décor is a plenty for a while :) The doors here open to a pergola where we have a dining/grilling area.












Here is our room and bathroom...We actually liked the paint here and left it all alone. I got a new bed quilt and switched up throw blankets to match it a little better but otherwise it all fits just fine. The doors here open up to a screened in porch which was a selling point to me. One of the dogs now resides outside and she enjoys it too. The bathroom though is all about that tub. Never underestimate the power of a good soaking tub. Now if I could only fix the drain so the water would run out so fast...We also left the paint here. It's neutral and nice so it can stay. John hung up some floating shelves and we got some curtains up (used to be stain glass) so voila, good to go!








The only other room downstairs is a half bathroom by the entrance.



Up next will be the upstairs and a peak into the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment