Wednesday, April 5, 2017

March in Review

 March

When I think of this past March, 2 things come to mind: Checking off to-do lists and very good fellowship time. Fellowship with my family and just having a good time. That how the balance should be but for my reasons of spring cleaning and wanting to spruce up some things in/outside the home March' s to-dos seemed more extensive. But the good times rose to the occasion as well!

We start off March with Ash Wednesday and what a special one it was. This was my first participation and Ellie's too. Our church does ashes outside to whomever comes along so all we had to do was drive up!

Ah the most cuddly little baby doll turned 4 months! I had to squeeze her into this outfit before it was too small (practically is) because its cute and sentimental. My mom bought this as soon as we learned Ellie was a girl and then she wore it as her Easter outfit.  Evie has the biggest grin, the most drool and is most happy sitting in your arms with her hands clasped together. She has started to show interest in toys but most prefers chewing on fabric or holding anything soft.



Outings with the little ladies to shop for outdoor things (that turned out to be a great trip and we accomplished a lot!) and buy John some birthday balloons. He hates balloons and birthday stuff so I make it a point to buy it every year ; )



We didn't take a single picture! but on John's actual birthday we went out to a really nice local restaurant and then went to the brewery for a quick drink before we picked up the girls. I surprised John with some concert tickets in May! Before we went out that night, John and I spent the day staining the deck, planting some flowers and yard cleaning. Our deck was in desperate need of some attention. I looked like it had never been stained...and its going on 20yrs old I suppose. Once we had this hickory tree cut down, which grew right in the middle of it on purpose, the TLC need was even more obvious. I'll share pictures later. I'm sure everyone just needs to know what a stained wood looks like lol.

The next day we continued birthday celebrations for John at his parent's house. And little Ellie got her Troll movie as a late bday gift from her aunt and uncle!



Also worth documenting...siblings matching and Ellie taking a picture with Evie! Its getting better but stilling working on it folks...


Ellie started ballet lessons this month. She actually likes it and so far is doing really well. She needs (I think) some more structures learning time and time in general with other kids.





Longer evenings making for beautiful backyard pictures. And trying to finish that staining job! It took way longer than I would have figured.




My wonderful parents came to visit at the end of the month and really highlighted the month of work lists and fellowship! My mom played sweetly with the girls. My dad and I (mostly my dad of course) hung light fixtures, finished making a piece of furniture and placed bookends on our ridiculously tall built in bookshelves. Seriously if you've seen them...rather just look at the home tour posts and they'll speak for themselves. On the same page, we all laughed, ate well and talked so much all weekend. My girls are just glowing even more when grandparents are here and it's hard to see them go until next time. I'm planning a post to show some little updates at home and to highlight my dad's craft and talent! I am amazed at his work and thanks to his willingness to be kind and make whatever I ask for, our home is filled with beautiful pieces which are so cozy and just...beautiful!

Many blessings for a peaceful April and upcoming Easter celebrations!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment