Monday, January 25, 2016

Well, Well...Look Who it is!

I'm Hello All!

Admittedly I never expected to go almost a month without dropping in on the blog but alas! here we are almost a month later. The biggest reason for the stage curtains is the move. We moved on the 2nd of January and we have so so enjoyed the new house. Truthfully it still kinda feels like a dream sometimes. When we were going for this home I said to myself more than once, if we get this house it wont feel real until we actually move in.
The move itself was very smooth and went as well as possible. We tried to make it smoother by using to our advantage the fact that this home is so close to our 1st home. With a 10 minute drive and the fact that we couldn't move until a good 2 (3?) weeks after closing, we were able to move A LOT beforehand and we came a couple of times to clean rooms, cabinets, garage, etc. The holidays gave us the extra time until I could take some PTO.  Now that being said we were still moving random stuff on our own a week after the fact.


The day we moved, John's parents kept Ellie. John stayed at our 1st home while the movers prepared all the big, cumbersome stuff which really wasn't that much. I went to target to start some home shopping :) It was for the best...I had worked late the night before and just needed to get out of the way. We met back at the new house and let the moving begin. I had the rest of the week off work to get the house straight and to go back and clean the 1st home. It was a well planned thing to have me take vacation to unpack. Even with that time off, I handled the chaos of moving (an easy move at that! ) with the grace of a newborn giraffe. I just don't handle messy, out of order things well. Shocker I know. By the end of the week things were coming into view and 95% of boxes were unpacked, 70% of rooms set-up and some sparkling clean floors from top to bottom. The 1st home was quickly tidied and scrubbed for showings. Fortunately Ellie was my buddy the whole week, with the exception of two afternoons when she went to see grandparents so I could get more done, and we had a good time having extra time together. Little Ellie loves the new place. She just calls it "Ellie's NEW how-se!".

Pictures for inspiration


This sums up our first morning...stuff everywhere! Who doesn't want breakfast next to detergent?

Finally getting all wedding presents out of storage and putting to use! For reference we will have our 5 year anniversary in July.

Little buddy 💜

Going to fetch more from the other house 

Fast forward a couple weeks through my parents awesome weekend here (which I will dedicate a whole post to for sure-they helped us accomplish so much), working and a nice little snow storm and now we are going to have our first weekend together here since we moved and I'm pretty excited to say the least.  Hope you all are doing well and I can't wait to share some home pictures with you!

Parents!

Leaving for work as the snow fell 

Tiny Ellie yesterday not even breaking the snow as she walked 


P.S. Our 1st home is under contract now- send good thoughts that everything goes through!

No comments:

Post a Comment