Wednesday, February 10, 2016

When Your Parents Come to Town...

As promised here is a post dedicated to my wonderful parents visit from about 4 weeks back.
We were so so happy to see them. I'm not going to lie, we had a mile long now-that-you're-here-can-we fix-this list. My dad has an arsenal of supplies to get things done with and my mom is just like me in that when we get our minds on doing something, it's no sleep until its done! Ellie of course was just happy for all the extra attention and love from Grammie and Grandpa. We all were!

So the miracle workers arrived Saturday and after a fantastic REAL BBQ (from NC) lunch, my mom and I got to work on painting the dining room. It was a peachy-cream color which I didn't even realize at first it was different from the rest of house. I had chosen (that morning I'll admit) a grey color for the walls. I taped off the trim and she painted. Then I painted. It only took one coat and so I highly recommend the paint from the HGTV collection from Lowes. There is just nothing to motivate you like a little help! I mean, John is a helper but he had zero interest in painting.



On Sunday, we worked outside. Like all day. My mom and I raked leaves and sticks all over the yard, my dad cut down a tree (yay!!!) and John power washed our patio, pergola thing...you'll see. Our yard will perpetually be leaf and stick city so it was great to finally clean and reset it so to say. It looked (looks) so good! My dad also brought a handmade wooden shoe rack to match our coat rack he made and while I was outside staining it, some neighbors came by to introduce themselves....and brought sweets. Love some neighborhood welcome wagons!




Sunday night, my mom and I tackled Ellie's bathroom. It was quite late but we got it mostly done. It was a bluish-green but we painted it white, which made it actually light blue. I quite like it though! I will be posting a little home tour and show pictures of all our house soon! Nothing crazy but it is what we have done to make it ours.

On Monday (MLK day) my parents, Ellie and I went out to a Waffle House breakfast where Ellie had a stage 5 meltdown. The jury is still out on what upset her so. But her rare treat of apple juice calmed her down so I could eat my grand-slam hungry-man breakfast in peace. Seriously we (Ellie and I) ate so much food but it was dang good. After a hearty breakfast, it was time to say good bye for now. Never easy but we are hoping to be all together for Ellie's birthday in a couple weeks.



Thank you, Thank you mom and dad for always being there and helping! We couldn't have done so much so quick without ya'll's help. And...special shout out to my dad who is taking my non stop orders for wooden pieces for our home!

That's all for now, 3 cheers for an upcoming Valentines weekend! Show some love ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment